Take in a Local Event in Clearwater & Surrounding Areas
No matter what the season, there’s a lively festival or event happening in Clearwater and nearby Tampa and St. Pete. The BeachView Hotel is a great place to relax in-between local event festivities, whether you prefer to do so on the beach with palm trees swaying in the breeze or by our pool with a drink in your hand.
Popular Local Events
Here in Clearwater, we know how to have fun and celebrate. From food festivals to sporting events, we have something for all ages to enjoy.
If you feel the need for speed, catch the Firestone Grand Prix of St. Petersburg or the Clearwater Super Boat National Championship. Music lovers will love the Clearwater Jazz Holiday and Tampa Bay Blues Festival, while history buffs will enjoy the John Levique Pirate Days—a three-day festival celebrating the discovery of John’s Pass. The holiday season in Florida may not bring snow, but it does bring a lot of color and excitement, with lighted boat parades and holiday light displays at the Florida Botanical Gardens and Busch Gardens Tampa.
There are also quite a few recurring events happening in the area, such as the First Friday Block Party in downtown St. Pete and the Downtown Clearwater Farmer’s Market. Just up the road from our hotel, you can enjoy Sunsets at Pier 60—a daily event that takes place two hours before and after the sunset, complete with food and souvenir vendors and lots of fun activities.
- Sunsets at Pier 60 (daily, two hours before and after sunset)
- First Friday Block Party in Downtown St. Pete
- St. Pete Saturday Morning Market
- Night in the Islands in Tarpon Springs (Greek island festival held one Saturday each month)
- St. Pete Artwalk (second Saturday from 5-9 p.m.)
- Cleveland Street Saturday Morning Market
- Gulfport Tuesday Morning Fresh Market
- Downtown Clearwater Farmers Market
- January – Tarpon Springs Epiphany Celebration
- March – Spring Break (through April), Firestone Grand Prix of St. Petersburg, PGA TOUR’s Valspar Championship
- April – Tampa Bay Blues Festival, St. Pete’s Mainsail Arts Festival, Dunedin Highland Games, Pier 60 Sugar Sand Festival
- May – John LeVieuq Pirate Days
- June – St. Pete’s Pride Fest
- September – Bright House Clearwater Super Boat National Championship, GeckoFest
- October – Clearwater Jazz Holiday, John’s Pass Seafood Festival
- November-December – Holiday Lights in the Gardens @ Florida Botanical Gardens, Christmas Town at Busch Gardens
- December – St. Pete Restaurant Weekend, St. Petersburg’s Illuminated Boat Parade, Annual Candlelight Tour of Homes, Christmas Parade on St. Pete Beach, Old Fashioned Christmas and Holiday Parade, Gulfport & BCYCS Holiday Boat Parade